Friday, February 02, 2018

Snow, I don't believe it!

The ice cold weather that has drifted down from the north has brought with it a rare event for this part of Spain - SNOW!!!

We Brits know all about snow, we've seen plenty of it during our lifetimes. For children and those who are childlike, it is great fun. For those who need to get about though, it is a pain in the bum.

I still remember struggling for hours to get to school as a teacher only to be sent home moments after I arrived. I also recall going out to deliver post on a push bike in S. Yorkshire during winters. One time, the snow had drifted and filled the lanes to the top of the walls on my rural round. I had to try and push my bike along the walls. Fortunately, some of the farmers had seen fit to take out their tractors to clear a way on some of the lanes.

No comments: