Friday, July 24, 2015

Que calor!

We've just been down to the town to complete last minute preparations before going on holiday tomorrow. It was hot in the sun when we arrived and even hotter on our return. Stepping outside into the heat was like being hit by a hairdryer.  The good news is that it should be cooler here tomorrow. The bad news is that Monday is forecast to be even hotter than today.

Pam and I are heading for Mallorca where the temperatures are normally about 5 or 6 degrees cooler than here. Many of the Spaniards we have spoken to are taking their holidays in Santiago de Compostela where the maximum today is a cool 22 degrees.

I never thought that there would come a time when I wanted to escape the sun. In my late 30s and 40s  I would lie out all day in it - not anymore. These days I prefer to be in the shade for much of the day.



No comments: