Friday, July 10, 2015

Spanish beauty

Patricia, Reina Juvenil 2014

Those of you who follow my Flickr account and this blog will recall that last year I was asked by the parents of the new Junior Queen to take photos of their daughter.

Since then, Patricia has taken part in several events including the Romeria for San Isidro. Of course, Pam and I were not here for San Isidro and so they have very few photos of their daughter from that event. They therefore came to our house to to ask if I could take pictures for them which I was more than pleased to do.

This is one of the set of nine photos that I have selected for them. It shows Patricia in her Sevillana dress on our porch. 

PS For the benefit of Carol Thorpe, who is keenly interested in my posts about photography, I simulated a cross lighting effect by having Patricia's father stand to the left with a reflector to bring sunlight from the right to the opposite side of the face.  I had a couple of flashguns ready, one firing through a soft box and the other with a Gary Fong Lightsphere in case the light became too low. As it turned out though, I didn't need to use them. 

No comments: