Tuesday, November 04, 2014

A little assistance for the hills

10284713_935750306435219_1782569472333212033_oThe hills this side of Bigastro are a bit of a challenge for those who ride a bike.

I bought a bike soon after arriving here with the intention of using it to keep fit. My intention was to ride it in the cooler months of the year to explore the Huerta. On the flat and slight inclines I had no problem but riding back up the hills on our estate proved to be too much of a challenge for me. I am ashamed to say that I resorted to pushing the bike up Calle Irlanda to get home.

Instead of buying a conventional bike, perhaps I should have considered one of these electric bikes that the car dealer Rubio Movil sell. You can ride them as normal by pedalling but when you need assistance, the electric motor is available. Whether the motor on them would be powerful enough to propel the bike with my weight on top up a steep hill is of course debatable.

No comments: