Monday, May 05, 2014

Oh really!

We are all used to the Nigerian scam that promised us untold wealth if we helped to transfer money from the country to a bank in our country. It has been going on for years and has taken a variety of forms.

This is the latest I have received:

My name is Sheikh Ahmad Moaz Al-Khatib ,leader of the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces. We have a very serious problem that need an urgent attention which I believe you can urgently handle for us. Our difficulty is, we have huge funds that we channeled to a reputable finance and Security company in Europe. We have just concluded at the meeting today that we should contact a foreigner to receive the funds on our behalf as the political climate here in Syria do not support our moving out of Syria, so that you can assist us receive the funds from the Security Company, that was why we are contacting you because the funds is not to be delayed in the custody of the Security Company for longer than agreed. 

There is no risk involved in this matter. Reply me now to enable me give you full narrative of the funds and the Vault Company where the funds are deposited. We pledge to reward you reasonably and we already have all arrangement concluded to swiftly release the funds to you on our behalf.

NB: Be reminded also that all valid certified copies backing up the true existence of the funds as deposited with the Vault Company in Europe is with me and will be forwarded to you upon request as I wait for your urgent response to this mail. Do note that I was linked up to you by an official of the your high commission here in Syria who assured me of your good reputation and credibility in handling this very project since the funds will be finally invested in your Country. I refer you to this website for more information.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20300356

I await your email response and be free to respond to my email with any question as I will explain well to your good understanding.


My email program had already picked it up and decided it was a scam. I only found it because I regularly check my junk box to see if anything important has been placed there by mistake. I wonder though, does anyone get caught out by these scams anymore?

No comments: