Monday, October 03, 2011

Classy acts

Last night’s Gala for the third age highlighted the fact that Bigastro has a wealth of talent both young and old. I can’t begin to imagine how much time and effort these people had put in to polish their performances. They were all absolutely brilliant.

Apart from thanking the performers and organisers, we also have to thank the Councillor for the Third Age, Sonia Adsuar Belmonte and the Lady Mayor, Charo Bañuls for their very kind words. As I said yesterday, the Councillor had prepared a few words in English for our benefit which she delivered perfectly. In her closing remarks Sonia said she wanted to give us all a hug which was very sweet of her.

You can find my other pictures here.

IMG_3922 IMG_3941
IMG_3955 IMG_3959
IMG_3965 IMG_3978

Finally, Mel, who lives on our estate, won the television in the raffle. Well done that man!

PS My apologies for the quality of some of the photos, I had to  handhold my camera at speeds as slow as 1/2 second. Even with image stabilisation, with the lens set at 200mm that is a tall order!

No comments: