Friday, April 08, 2011

Just for us

At our meeting yesterday, the mayor told me that the Bigastro web site will be revamped in May and will be available in both Spanish and English for us to read.

As you will have gathered, I am a big fan of the site and visit it every day to find information about what is going on in the town. I also contribute to the site by sending photos to my friend Germán who then posts them onto the photo gallery.

In fact, those of you who want to read the site in English can already do so. Google Chrome browser gives you access to the excellent Google translator which will automatically translate Spanish into English. The first time you visit a page in Spanish it will give you the option to translate or not translate. If you select “always translate” that is what it will do.

And you thought my Spanish was so good that I could understand all I read – now my secret is out!

No comments: