Sunday, February 06, 2011

A red letter day

The idea behind a project 365 is that you take and post a photograph each day for a year and that is a tall order. When I tentatively started my first project two years ago, I had no idea whether I would be able to find enough ideas and subjects to finish the year. Now I am on the third day of my third project.

So far, I have posted over 1,500 photos to Flickr, an online hosting service serviced by Yahoo and over the time they have been there, they have clocked up over 51,000 visits; my most popular picture has clocked up 874 views on its own. That’s not bad for an amateur, there are some pros on Flickr posting some stunning photographs but I don’t feature in their ranks!

Yesterday, thanks to my pictures from the Medieval Market, I clocked up 435 views and 38 comments in just one day – a record for me! As I say, a red letter day.

All my photos are protected by a Creative Commons license; most are posted full size and all are downloadable. The only proviso I make is that, if the photos are used then they should be attributed to me. Whether that happens or not I can’t say; I’m not in this to make money so it doesn’t really matter much to me.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Congratulations Keith! A red letter day indeed. And a beautiful set of photos.

Bravo sir!