Monday, February 28, 2011

The best laid plans

We had intended to go down to Torrevieja yesterday afternoon to watch the Carnaval parade but the weather forecast was decidedly glum so we changed our plans and went to the concert in Bigastro instead.

Even though the weather improved by midday, we did not regret our decision for one minute because it was by anybody's standards a fantastic performance. You can see my photos from the concert by clicking on this link.

NB Normally I take my tripod to these events and set up somewhere near the back. The problem is that I then only get one perspective of the stage so last night I moved further down the auditorium and moved around to get different angles.

That meant hand holding my camera in poor light conditions. Even though my lenses have stabilisation, I didn't want to risk exposures of 1/30th of a second so I upped the ASA for some shots to 5,000 and for others to 3,200. Even though my camera is very good at handling low light, there is bound to be some signs of digital noise at those speeds. I apologise for that before you look at the pictures.

No comments: