Sunday, August 29, 2010

It’s a mystery

When Pam and I set off for Darren and Hazel’s leaving do at La Pedrera last night, we noticed a plastic bag hanging on the gate. Inside the bag was a tube of Wether’s Originals carefully wrapped in kitchen paper.

Since there was nothing written on the bag and no note inside, we have no idea who might have left them there.

Whoever it was though, thank you – it was a kind and thoughtful present.

Actually, for the benefit of lovers of these delicious sweets, you can get a very similar version at Mercadona. The Hacendado Caramelos de Nata con edulcorante sin azúcares are equally delicious and cost less than a Euro for a packet.

PS The mystery is now solved. However, I am sworn to secrecy so I can't tell you who the benefactor was. I know they read this blog so I am offering them a public thank you.

No comments: