Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Calling all British cooks

Just as I posted that item about the Gastronomy Day, I got this message from Diane Clarke who lives at Villas Andrea to all British residents in Bigastro

We have been invited to participate in the Gastronomy Day this year. I have been asked to attend a meeting tonight (last night) to go over details. I will e-mail again when I have definite details.

Because our food is different to Spanish food and the townsfolk seem to enjoy it I propose to yet again go for "The British Buffet". Again this year I would ask all you lovely people to make something - anything you like, savoury or sweet - to contribute to the table. Again if you don't feel like standing over a hot stove remember "Mums go to Iceland". Whatever you make can I please ask you to take it down yourselves if possible at approx. 1.30 p.m. Anyone who can't can always drop it off to Anne or Barbara at Villas Andrea.

All contributions will be gratefully received.

I will set everything up but regrettably will not be there because I am away on holiday August from 11th, but Anne Mottram and Barbara Mann will gladly co-ordinate on the day. Can I ask all you lovely ladies to help out at the tables as usual.
Thanks in advance to everyone

No comments: