Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Education – I know a bit about that

image

You may have seen them last year. Percuseve are a group of secondary school pupils who use any manner of objects to produce their music. They play out their rhythms on bottles, dustbins, computer monitors, literally anything they can lay their hands on. During the performance there will also be a bit of break dancing, rapping  and audio visual stuff for good measure.

The theme for this year’s performance is “Education today” with a homage to Miguel Hernandez, the poet, thrown in. 

As it happens, I will be there because I have been asked to take photographs for them. I will do my best to capture the spirit of the performance but at the same time try not to spoil it for the audience by getting in the way. Having been to several concerts, I think I have worked out how to get the best out of the low level of lighting in the Auditorium. We shall see.

No comments: