Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Counter productive

It seemed like a good plan. The netbook I had ran a version of Linux and had 512Mb of memory to work with. It was good for surfing the web etc but when it came down to processing photographs for example, it was running out of steam. So, I bought a new one with XP and 2Gb of RAM and passed the slightly older one to Pam.

At first it was hard work because I had to guide Pam through every step. My wife does not have a great deal of patience and sometimes you do have to wait for the netbook she is using to do things. Still we are getting there; the number of questions I get asked are now fewer in number. Like a lot of newbies, Pam somehow thinks that if she clicks on the wrong button things will go horribly wrong. That is rarely going to happen these days with a system that is well sorted.

Pam is now becoming addicted to the Internet. With a first grandchild on the way, she is trawling the net for cots, clothing, travel systems; you name it. Pam is rapidly becoming an expert on modern baby care. Pam is also goes on Facebook, a site which quite honestly I can take or leave. She loves the gossip and all the photographs that our daughter’s friends post.

Now, I have no problems with any of that except when Pam goes on line at what should be meal times. In fairness, Pam has been kept waiting by me whilst I have finished off online so many times, I don’t have enough fingers and toes to count them. I guess I am getting a taste of my own medicine so I can’t complain. Put it this way, I daren’t complain!

PS It might only be a matter of time before Pam decides to write her own blog. I’ll let you know when that happens.

No comments: