Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What a way to go

Keith Floyd, the flamboyant TV chef has died at the age of 65.

imageCigarette in one hand and glass of wine in the other, Floyd enjoyed a leisurely lunch with his long-time friend Celia Martin to celebrate her 65th birthday.

After settling the £120 bill at the restaurant in Lyme Regis, Dorset, Floyd - who had bowel cancer and whose health had deteriorated in recent years - said: 'I have not felt this well in ages.'

Hours later, as they settled down to watch a TV documentary about him, Floyd had a heart attack and died.

As it happens Floyd had ordered grouse but the restaurant served him partridge by mistake.I hope that wasn’t the cause of his demise.

The main thing I learnt from watching Keith Floyd was the necessity of that essential ingredient – a glass of red wine in hand - when you are cooking.

Thanks for that Keith - rest in peace.

1 comment:

Maz said...

I second that 'rest in peace'. I always found him so entertaining.