Monday, August 17, 2009

Finished but not forgotten

After 8 long days and nights, the Fiestas Patronales en Honor a San Joaquín 2009 are now over.

There have been some fantastic moments – too many to list here.

The Fiesta wasn’t just about partying; there were sporting events, music and of course devotion because the fiesta is really about giving thanks to the patron saint of the town, San Joaquín  who is immortalized by the statue of him with the infant Jesus by Francisco Salzillo.

It seems each year that I get to take more and more photographs -most of which have been posted in albums on this blog. I have also sent copies to Germán Martín at the Ayuntamiento who I dare say will be using some of them in next year’s programme.

From the comments I have received, both verbally and in writing, it seems that many bigastrenses appreciate the photographs I produce. For my part, I thoroughly enjoy taking and sharing them with you.

There are a lot of people we need to thank for this year’s Fiesta. Principally it is the work of the Comisión de Fiestas led by the President Manuel Sanchez Robles but of course the Ayuntamiento played a big part and what would fiesta be without the contribution of the Sociedad Unión Musical de Bigastro.

To all the people who contributed in any way a big thank you – your efforts are much appreciated by all.

No comments: