Tuesday, June 23, 2009

At least the car will still be there

The first time we went to Elche, I parked my car in a blue zone without realising that there was a meter where I should pay. It was only when I returned, several hours later, that I spotted the sign and the meter.

I was lucky. At that time I could have incurred a fine or worse still had my car towed away.

Now there is a change to the law which means that cars parked in blue zones without a ticket, or for longer than the time limit, will no longer be towed but they will still be fined.

However, cars will still be towed away if the space they are occupying is reserved for disabled people. In this case, the illegally parked vehicle is considered an obstruction that hinders other road users. Illegally parking in a disabled-parking space also brings fines of up to 200 euros.

No comments: