Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The mysteries of wife

Why is it, when a woman tells you something that you don’t understand, they repeat what they have just said in a louder voice. If that doesn’t work they try again even louder.

Do they not realise that it is not the volume that prevents you from understanding what they say?

The other thing that puzzles me is, why do women expect an answer when they make a statement? For example, there is a difference between, “you are going to clean the car” and “are you going to clean the car?” Only the latter requires an answer, the former is an instruction.

It's not that I have these sort of problems because my as my wife tells me, she is perfect.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Oh Keith! Don't even start me on the implicit question!

I do wonder if it's something from Finnish language structure that just doesn't translate, because we've had the following conversation more times than I care to remember.

"We'll go out at about 12".
"OK love, if you want to".
"I was asking you a question!"
"Uhhhh...no, you weren't."

If you can't give me the right sentence structure then at least give me a rising inflection!