Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A cycle friendly coast road

I received the following comment in reply to  my post about the opening of one section of the new N332 dual carriageway.

This is good news. They've been doing this for ages and it should have been finished by now. Hopefully, it will make the junction with the Montesinos road a load safer (this must currently be one of the most dangerous junctions on the Costa Blanca). I wonder if it will make the road a bit more cycle friendly -doubtful!

I'm glad it isn't just me that finds the junction between the N332 and the Cv895 to Los Montesinos a tricky one to negotiate. It is potentially dangerous  if your route means crossing the N332 ie coming from Los Montesinos and turning towards Guardamar or from Torrevieja and turning towards Los Montesinos especially at peak times.

As for the N332 becoming cycle friendly - I doubt it.  You do see cyclists along the road and wonder how they survive especially at the junctions.

No comments: