Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My house is not a cattery

It's not that I don't like cats, I just don't want them in my garden especially when they use it as a toilet or a repository for the animals they catch.

We've had several rabbits brought in - one of which was dumped in the pool and excreta left on one of the seat pads. Not nice!

First it was just one cat then another. Now we seem to have four of them that regard our plot as their territory.

Keeping them out is nigh on impossible. You put up netting and they work their way through it. Secure that to seal the entrance off and they jump over it. I've tried cat repellent spray which smells disgusting to us but has been totally ignored by the cats.

What we need to do is borrow Luka, the dog from across the road. She gets very agitated when she spots a cat in the Calle and soon sees them off. Or maybe I could borrow the stuffed tiger that Joaquín puts outside his barber's shop along with one of the Kings.

DSCF0741

1 comment:

Pete said...

This might chase off the little buggers.