Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Fog - I'm surprised they have a word for it

image

When I bought my Skoda Fabia, the salesman, keen to demonstrate the virtues of the car, pointed out the fact that it had fog lights. When I suggested that they might never get used, he said, "you never know in Bigastro".

Well four years later and on a different Skoda, I had an opportunity to try them out yesterday when a layer of fog covered much of the Vega Baja from early morning to about noon.

The occurrence was so unusual that it merited an item in the newspaper Información. If we ever get snow, it will be a front page spread.

1 comment:

Pete said...

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this post Keith! You'll know better than anyone that kids in school, especially lads, can pick up the most completely random phrases and adopt them as some kind of personal slogan.

For some reason still unknown to me, my younger brother and his mates would delight in nothing more than getting to their history lessons, performing tumbling somersaults between the desks (named 'Rooney rolls' in honour of the teacher) and then jumping up and shouting "Hay niebla!"

Your post certainly brought some memories flooding back!