Friday, October 17, 2008

New school open at last

The new building for the San José de Calasanz primary school opened this term much to the delight of parents and pupils.

There will be an official inauguration ceremony but, in the meantime, those who want to see the new facilities can do so this Saturday between 10am and 1pm.

Pam and I would go but we feel that after 30 odd years at the chalkface, we've seen enough of schools! The only exception we are prepared to make is for our Spanish classes which are now being held in the old San José de Calasanz building.

PS When I was in the Sixth Form we transferred to new school buildings. For reasons best known to the school, they included a photograph of me working in the library in the programme for the official opening. If I can find it, I'll post the picture on my blog to show you how slim and handsome I was in those days.

No comments: