Friday, August 08, 2008

Damn again!

I told you on the 28th July that we had been bitten by mosquitos and said we won't make that mistake again. Well I was bitten last night!

In my defence I wasn't eating outside, I simply went out to collect the towels and lock the shed. Five minutes - that was all it took for the little b****** to find me and inflict their damage. I reckon they have been waiting since last time, starved of blood, ready to pounce at a moments notice. I hope that all the alcohol from the red wine and brandy poisons them.

The annoying thing is that some of our neighbours have never been bitten in the four or five years they've lived here. Mosquitoes will avoid some people for reasons that nobody seems to understand. One friend reckons its the garlic he eats that puts them off. I don't know about that. I have read that eating Marmite will repel them but I haven't tried it.

Pam reckons it is the jungle of a garden that provides them with somewhere to live. She could be right. If that is the case then it's a problem we'll have to live with. I'd rather get bitten now and then than lose my garden.

Thank goodness for the Alergical Crema. Much to my regret, I have another opportunity to put it to the test.

No comments: