Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Soy muy feliz

As I have said before, "some days are good others are great".

Yesterday I got an email from Germán Martín at the Ayuntamiento to say:

Hola Keith,
Como sabes, utilizamos tus fotos para ilustrar algunas de nuestras noticias.
No sabemos si tienes copia del libro de las fiestas de San Joaquín. Así que si no lo tienes nos gustaría obsequiarte con uno.
Si vas a venir dime cuando para tenerlo preparado.
Un saludo.

So we went down this morning to collect my copy of the book for this year's fiesta. Sure enough there were some of my photographs included and my name was in the credits on the last page:-

Fotos cedidas por Keith Williamson

I can tell you, I felt ten foot tall (muy orgulloso)! Muchas gracias Germán.

I was wearing my Bigastro T-shirt which drew smiles from everyone who spotted it.

Bigastro

Spanish people we knew inquired about where they could get one from.

Of course it is an exclusive design! However, I can order more - please email me for details at keith@bigastro.es.

For the up and coming fiesta I have a new t-shirt on the way. I reckon that will draw a few smiles as well.

Fiesta T shirt

Lastly I received an email from Susana who writes in very good English.

Hello,
My name is Susana and I'm from Bigastro. To be honest I've got to say that I like very much your blog. I discovered it a week ago and its very good. I was looking for english information about my hometown to explain my friends in UK and I think your blog is the most complete diary about Bigastro I've seen.
I'm glad to know that the british community share their opinions and participate in Bigastro activities. Also I'm glad that another year the Third Age King and Queen are british, that means they loves the town.
Thanks to keep informing in english language with another point of view of everything.
(Sorry about my english, I'm trying to keep improving it.)
Kind Regards,
Susana

So now I am ten foot tall with a six foot wide head. Many thanks for your kind comments Susana. I am glad you enjoy reading my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello good morning Keith!
This morning is being better than others, maybe because tomorrow is bank holiday to me (I work in Orihuela, and tomorrow is the bird's day, which means Oriol's Day) or maybe because I just to read my post with your kind words to me as well.
So could be because of both!!!! hehehe.
Well, I want to order one T-shirt to me. With San Joaquin, Fiestas Patronales! I'd also like to say it to my family and friends, just in case they want it too.
I want to let u know that I'm comparsista of "Los Que No Perdonan" (let you know that this comparsa is 20 years old, and the name is coming from the movie by John Huston with Burt Lancaster and Audrey Hepburn called "The Unforgiven"; last year we were fancy dressed of "El Zorro"). And I want to tell you that you and Pamela are welcome and invited to our comparsa to have a drink or whatever...
See you soon...
Susana