Monday, June 26, 2006

They say the Irish are lucky

Yesterday it was the turn of England who must have had a few four leaf clovers tucked in their socks. They played a scrappy game with only Rooney really trying to score and the defenders scrabbling about to keep the Ecuadorians at bay. Lampard again missed some good opportuniteis. Thankfully Beckham came up with one of his trademark kicks to give them the the goal that takes them through to the quarter finals.

Saturday I had another go at paella for just Pam and I. Very tasty it was too. I think the secret is to let it cook quite slowly to get all the flavours mingling and just turn up the heat at the end to get the rice sticking to the paella. The pack of chicken pieces we used cost next to nothing and there was enough for a meal last night as well. A few more experiments with the ingredients and I'll be ready to take on the Spaniards. Well possibly not - they have a lot more years practice under their belts than I have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do I detect signs of "The Pan" in action? Well you're further ahead than I am this summer, I haven't even blown the dust off mine yet this year. I'd better hurry, seems like the best of the weather has already passed me by.